The Linksys RE6800 is an amazing device which amplifies your Wi-Fi speed and makes it run faster. The extender repeats and amplifies the Wi-Fi signal and makes it reach every corner of your space for better, stronger and stable connectivity.
Now, to Linksys RE6800 setup, we will choose the Setup Wizard method but for that we need to configure the router using SSID password.
So, let us begin:
- Plug in your Linksys re6800 extender to a power outlet and turn it on.
- Now, wait till the light indicates a flashing orange and solid amber which will mean it is ready for setup.
- Now, turn on your Wi- Fi source and connect it with the computer or whatever device you are using for setup.
- Connect your device to Linksys re6800 extender by clicking on the default name i.e. Linksys Extender Setup-XXX
- Now, on that device open a browser and in the Address bar enter http://ap.linksys.com or the default IP address 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
- The setup page will appear where you will have to put in the administration password.
- Now, it will pop the question whether you want to Setup your Linksys re6800 extender as Access point or as an extender.
- Click on extender and then find the Wi-Fi Network you want to connect to and then type the password. Once you do that the Linksys re6800 extender will start showing up in your Wi-Fi list and then within a minute it will get connected to your router.
- You can use a Spot Finder to show you the best place to plug in your linksys re6800 and once you find that Place Linksys re6800 extender on that place away from all physical obstacles.